Ashoka Arab World Fellow Azza Kamel's Alwan wa Awtar is hiring!
Job title : Art Center Coordinator
Job status : Full time (40 Hours a week)
Reporting to : Learning through the Arts Project Manager
About Alwan wa Awtar
Established in December 2005, Alwan wa Awtar (A&A) is a non-profit organization registered with the Ministry of Social Affairs (reg. no 6320) with the aim of promoting visual and performing arts and non-formal education to enhance the creativity and critical thinking of underprivileged children and youth. Using arts as a vehicle for social development, we envision a more knowledgeable, creative and cultured youth who are able to compete in today’s world so that they will be able to break the cycle of poverty in which they were brought up in. Situated in the heart of the community we serve, our staff and volunteers are deeply committed to working for positive and innovative social change.
Responsible for setting the strategy and direction of the Art center and for overseeing the general management and operation of the center. He/she is responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision of the Art center towards its mission. S/he facilitates the progress of the center’s activities through fundraising resources and coordinating the efforts of A&A’s members, full-time and part-time staff, animators, board, and external partners.
- Maintain the smooth running of the Art center (daily operations)
- Plan and attend events such as summer programs, field trips, concerts and other special events related to the art center activities.
- Liaise with the animators to formulate the curriculum (plan) of the activity
- Ensure that A&A’s values are demonstrated in all the activities and interactions of the center
- Maintain a comprehensive database and profile of the children to monitor progress and to provide a service of quality to the child
- Oversee the classes of the arts program from time to time, to ensure the quality of the activities and their alignment to A&A’s strategic goals, values and institutional approaches
- Mobilize volunteers for the center according to the center’s needs and capacity
- Provide all required reports related to performance evaluation (team and animators),activities and events reports…etc.
- Devise a plan for community outreach and mobilization of support towards the fulfillment of the Art center’s mission and objectives and maintaining a good image of A&A in the surrounding community
- Establish and maintain an updated database of the community (parents, community, key leaders, schools, other NGOs in the area…)
- Establish a proper filling and documentation system for the center and liaise with the animators and team to maintain the system
- Provide the necessary mentoring and guidance to the children and ensure that all staff and volunteers are doing the same as well
- Attend all A&A meetings, events, trips as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the direct manager
Working days: 5 days/ week
Working hours: 11am – 7pm or 12pm - 8pm
Work location: Mokattam – Elhadaba Elwosta
A suitable candidate for this post should:
- Hold a Bachelor degree in a related discipline (Fine Arts/ Education/ Development/ Social Work preferred)
- Be fluent in both Arabic and English languages
- Be punctual, dedicated and a good planner
- Be self motivated, proactive and able to take initiative
- Be creative with an interest in the arts and life-long learning
- Be organized with good time management and decision making skills
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Be experienced in working/volunteering with children
- Be able to communicate effectively with diverse people (local community, children, staff, foreign volunteers)
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience.
If interested please send your resume & a cover letter stating your interest to Ms. Nairy Abd El Shafy: Learning through the Arts Project Manager at: email@example.com no later than December 8th, 2011.